Sail, sail, sail your ship, gently in the sea! Your child has probably seen ships sail in cartoons and movies. How about helping them make their own at your home? This fun activity will enable your little one to create a boat out of coloured paper, ice cream stick, and they can build the ocean out out paper plate! Watch the terrific transport sail away activity video to know more.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 25 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creativity, Play, Symbolic Play
- Paper plate
- Paint – blue
- Coloured papers
- Ice cream sticks
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Terrific Transport Sail Away Activity
- Paint the paper plate in blue paint for the ocean. Leave it to dry.
- Cut out triangles from different coloured papers.
- Fold the pointed edge of a few triangles to make the boat bases.
- Stick the triangle as the sails on the ice cream sticks.
- Make boats by using different colours.
- Fold the coloured paper plate in half and stick the boats to the plate.
Your sailboats are ready to rock on the waves!
Place sailboat set-up on a flat surface! Ask your child to rock the plate. The paper plate seems like the turbulent ocean during a storm, as the boats go up and down the waves. Encourage your child to narrate a story of the boats that survived the mighty storm!
As your child uses the boats to pretend play and mimic the ocean waves, their storytelling abilities improves. The activity also tickles their creativity.
Activity done by Vishwajeet & Karthi