Did you know hockey is the national sport of India? Here’s your chance to play hockey with your friends right at home. Hockey is played in two teams, with 11 members on each time. We’ve created a fun two player game for you. There are many different types of hockey — field hockey, ice hockey, roller hockey, and of course, you have our Flintobox hockey! So go ahead and check out the sports mania mini hockey activity video below.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Gross Motor, Coordination, Creativity
- Ice cream sticks
- Coloured tape or coloured paper
- Pair of scissors
- Sketch pens
- Recycled bottle cap
Instructions for Sports Mania Mini Hockey Activity
- Cut off, at an angle, a few inches of the bottom of the ice cream stick.
- Cut a strip of coloured paper or tape and decorate the short ice cream stick.
- Decorate the bigger ice cream stick with a strip of coloured paper or tape.
- Using glue, stick the longer ice cream stick on the smaller ice cream stick.
- Use sketch pens to create stripes and decorate the hockey sticks.
- Roll four small balls of clay
- Cut a straw in two and poke the straw in the clay.
How To Play?
- Using sketch pen, draw a hockey court on a flat surface or on paper.
- Place the clay with straw on either sides of the paper, this will be your post.
- Place a bottle cap at the centre of the court and use your hockey stick to play.
- Each player holds one hockey stick and aims to push the bottle cap or puck, into the opponentss goal.
Activity done by Vishwajeet