Games are fun as well as the best means to learn different concepts. Roll a die and play a game of numbers with your child. This math game will not only improve their understanding of bigger and smaller numbers, but also make them better at addition. Take a quick look at the marvellous maths the tallest flower activity to know more.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creativity, Play, Cognition
- A4 sheets
- Coloured paper
- Sketch pens
- Dice – 2
Instructions For Marvellous Maths The Tallest Flower Activity
How to make
- Fold two sets of A4 sheet into three. You will have two long strips.
- Cut out two strips from a coloured paper. Wrap and stick it around each long strip.
- Using sketch pens, draw a flower on each wrap-up.
- On the long strips, write the numbers.
- Cut out a long thin strip from a green coloured paper and stick it on each long strip. This will be the stalk of the flower.
Your flowers are now ready!
How to play?
- Create a score card on a sheet of paper.
- Each player takes turn and rolls the dice.
- Based on the number on the dice, moves the flower up and down. Jot down the number on the score card.
- Repeat play and the tallest flower wins!
Who knew maths could be so much fun? You may make longer strips and add in more numbers for your child. Instead of flowers, you may create other elements too! Spruce up the game by making it a multiplayer game!
As your child learns through action, their cognition improves. Playing this game with numbers improves their memory as well as their creativity.
Activity done by Vishwajeet.