Does your toddler love to pick up items and put them in a basket? Well, you can make one at home with their help! All you need are some paper plates; paints. Ask your little one to lend you hand in making a simple basket for shopping. Take a quick look at the market fun paper plate basket activity below and get started.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 25 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Creativity, Symbolic Play
- Paper plates
- Masking tape
- A pair of scissors
Instructions For Market Fun Paper Plate Basket Activity
- Cut out a semicircular piece from one of the plates.
- Stick some masking tape in a crisscross patterns on the flip side of the half-cut plate.
- Encourage your child to dip cotton in paint and dab on the plate. They can make it as colourful as they want.
- Once dry, peel off the masking tape. Your patterns are done.
- Place two plates together and use masking tape to secure them.
- Punch out a hole on either side and tie a ribbon to form the strap of the pretend basket.
The paper plate basket is ready!
Encourage your toddler to pretend play about shopping in a market while you may pretend to be a vendor. You may also encourage them to carry their pretend basket for shopping at a supermarket. They may pick out small items and carry them to the cash counter.
As your toddler paints using cotton helps in making the pretend basket, their pincer grip improves and their creativity is enhanced.
Activity done by Vishwajeet