On the subject on market and buying, how about introducing your toddler to the concept of money? Make paper currency notes using different coloured papers and have a fun time pretend playing with your little one. Check out this simple market fun paper currency notes activity and make your currency notes.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Cognition, Communication, Symbolic Play
- Coloured papers
- A pair of scissors
Instructions For Market Fun Paper Currency Notes Activity
How to do?
- Cut a few coloured papers into equal-sized rectangles.
- Help your child dip their finger in paint and paint the numbers on the coloured paper strips. (We have used 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 as the denominations.)
- Leave them to dry.
The paper currency notes are now ready!
How to play?
- Introduce your toddler to each pretend currency note. Pretend play as vendor and customer. Let your child play the role of a customer.
- Set up a simple market stall where you have a few vegetables or fruits.
- Encourage your child to buy and give these made-up currency notes.
- Go ahead and experiment with different types of stores.
Your child is introduced to the concept of currency and about buying, which improves their cognition. Also, as they pretend play, their communication is enhanced.
Activity done by Vishwajeet