Isn’t the insect world colourful and mesmerising? Imagine painting them along with your toddler! Get ready to try out an interesting way of painting insects — fruit printing! We have created a tableau of ladybirds by printing with an apple. Check out the magical insects apple bugs activity below to know more. So, chop and get ready for a splash!
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Sensory, Fine Motor, Creativity
- Coloured paper
- Paint & paintbrush
- Sketch pen
Instructions for Magical Insects Apple Bugs Activity
- Cut an apple in half.
- In a plate, pour the colours you’d like to use in the manner you want.
- Dab the apple half with colour.
- Make impressions on a coloured paper.
- Dip your finger in black paint and make fingerprints for the head of each ladybird. Leave the coloured paper to dry.
- Once dry, add details to the ladybirds.
The ladybirds are all ready!
How about trying out fruit printing with other fruits and creating different insect patterns?
It’s a sensorial art activity for your child as they learn to paint in a new manner — fruit printing.
Activity done by Vishwajeet