Fruits are not only delicious, but they’re so colorful. Eating fruits will help us stay cool and refreshed. We thought we’d combine the two, colours and cooling, and make a fruit fan! This fruit fan will definitely help your child and you cool down all through the day. Watch the video below to get a step by step on creating your healthy little champ fruit fan craft.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creativity, Play, Fine Motor
- Coloured Papers
- Ice cream stick
- Pair of scissors
Instructions for Healthy Little Champ Fruit Fan Activity:
- Cut the coloured papers: red (wide rectangle), green (strips), and white (thin strips)
- Stick the green and white strips of paper on the red paper.
- Repeat the above step on either side of the red paper.
- Using a marker draw the seeds on either sides of the paper.
- Repeat the same on all the rectangles.
- Fold the papers to create a fan.
- Using glue, stick your ice cream stick, on either sides of the paper, in the last fold of the fan.
- Bring the two ice cream sticks together to create your fruit fan.
Your fruit fan is ready!
Encourage your child to make a fan inspired by all the fruits they enjoy! These fans can be used as wall decors as well. Just remove the sticks and place them on the wall in various patterns to create your fruity wall decor.
As your child makes this fruit fan, folding and sticking helps exercise their fine motor. This activity also improves their concentration as they meticulously complete the fan.
Activity by Vishwajeet