We have some great ideas on how you may make eating vegetables a little more fun for your toddler! Get out these puppets right before the meal time and make it more enticing. Incorporate a story of all the vegetables while you feed your toddler. Watch the video below to get a step-by-step on creating your healthy habits veggie puppets activity.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Story Tell, Creativity, Play
- Coloured papers
- A pair of scissors
- Ice cream sticks
Instructions for Healthy Habits Veggie Puppets Activity
- On the coloured papers, draw out your vegetables. Cut them out.
- Define your vegetables using a marker and coloured papers.
- Alternatively, your toddler may help you create the definitions by finger-painting.
- Using glue, stick the leaves and stems of the vegetable puppets.
- Apply glue on the ice cream sticks and stick the vegetables.
Ta-da, your veggie puppets are ready!
As your toddler helps you put the puppets together, they enhance their fine motor muscles and coordination. They will enjoy playing with the puppets, as you tell a story. Here’s a prompt to get you started: All the vegetables of the garden had a meeting to decide…
Activity by Vishwajeet