Are your toddler and you ready to have a farm animal party? Get set to create these farm animal hats with just a few materials. What a fun way to introduce your child to different farm animals. Watch the video below to get a step-by-step on creating your farm adventure farm animal hats activity.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Symbolic Play, Creativity, Vocabulary
- Paper hats
- Coloured papers
- Sketch pen
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Farm Adventure Farm Animal Hats Activity
- Help your child to apply glue on the paper hat and stick the yellow coloured paper around it. Trim off the excess. Leave it to dry.
- Cut out a triangle from another coloured paper for the beak of the chick.
- On the remaining yellow paper, draw the outline of the ears and cut them out.
- Cut two small slits on the straight edge of the ears.
- Apply glue on the bird’s body for the beak and encourage your child to stick the beak.
- In the same manner, help your child to stick the ears.
- Draw the eyes with a sketch pen. The chick farm hat is ready!
- In the same manner, create a pig and donkey hat too!
Have fun with the animal hats!
Go ahead and create more of farm animal hats. Make play time a little more fun with the farm animal hat props. How about using them as a story time prop? You may also play a game of ‘Guess who.’
Introduce your little one to the different farm animals and their sounds. Put on the hats and imitate the animals while your little one attempts to identify the animals by their names.
As your child applies glue and helps you stick the coloured papers, it enhances their creativity. As they pretend play with the farm animal hats, it provides them with an opportunity to be imaginative and learn more about the farm animals.
Activity by Vishwajeet