The teeth on the gear wheels are called cogs. How about decorating your fridge with fun magnets? With this easy DIY, you can make gear-themed fridge magnets! Decorate your fridge and see gears in motion with this craft! Go ahead and watch the fantastic gears cog magnets activity below!
Parental Involvement: Low
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Cognitive, Creativity, Play
- A pair of scissors
- Paper cup
Instructions for Fantastic Gears Cog Magnets Activity
- Use a paper cup or any circular object to draw three circles on cardboard.
- Cut them out and stick them all together.
- Stick photographs that you want on the circles.
- Using glue, stick a magnet on the other side of each circle.
- Stick on fridge and watch your cog magnets move!
Your cog magnet is completed!
You can replace the photograph with images of optical illusion! Create as many cog magnets as you can and create an elaborate gear train on your fridge! Create circles of different sizes and watch how they move. Does the size of the circle change how the magnets move? Experiment and find out.
Activity done by Vishwajeet