A mini-pineapple is about to grab all the attention on your child’s study table! Are you ready to create a spotlight-worth pencil holder – that will boost your child’s interest in getting back to school? We’re recycling a plastic bottle to make it a pineapple-shaped pen holder! So let’s begin this delicious waste material craft pineapple pen stand activity!
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Fine Motor, Coordination
Get access to 7 exciting back to school activity videos.
- Green Yarn
- Plastic Bottle
- Paints and paintbrush
- Green coloured paper
- Red sketch pen
Instructions for waste material craft pineapple pen stand:
- Make zig-zag lines on a green coloured paper. Cut it to form the pineapple leaf.
- Paint the plastic bottle yellow and leave it to dry.
- Cut green yarn in small strips and stick them at the top and bottom.
- Stick green yarn strips diagonally in form of tiny diamonds.
- With red sketch pen, add thorn patterns.
- Stick the leaf on the rim of the plastic bottle.
Pineapple Stand is ready!
Stack it up with your child’s favourite pens and pencils!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.