Does your child have too many automobile toys lying around? How about organising them in a parking lot box? With this waste material craft parking lot activity, your child can carefully park his/her toy vehicles in a safe parking lot until it’s time to vroom around the town!
This activity will:
- Boost your child’s motor skills
- Teach him/her organisation skills
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Play, Gross Motor, Cognitive
Get access to 12 amazing ways to re-use cardboard boxes [Video]
- Cardboard box
- Paint and paintbrush
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Waste Material Craft Parking Lot Setup:
- Open a cardboard box and cut the upper fold.
- Stick it as a ramp on the side.
- Paint the ramp, the upper cover, and the base black.
- Add white stripes on the ramp resembling a road.
- Make parking slots on the upper deck and number them.
- Make two openings for the vehicles to drive through.
- Take the toy vehicles and park them in the right slot!
Your child can also improve his/her numeric skills!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Little Transporter box—which is packed with fun activities on automobiles and different modes of transport.
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.