If you’re going to the beach or the terrace for some breeze, take a paper pinwheel along! The more the colours and patterns, the better the effect of this pinwheel paper craft! It’s very easy to make and is perfect for the summer.
This activity will:
- Improve your child’s coordination
- Teach him/her about air movement
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creative, Fine Motor, Curiosity
Get access to 31 Paper Craft Activities [Video]
Materials You’ll Need:
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Pinwheel Paper Craft Activity:
- Cut out a square from a coloured A4 sheet.
- Fold the paper diagonally, unfold it, and repeat from the other corner.
- On each folding mark, measure the centre.
- Cut from the outside towards the mark on each folding.
- Stick every alternate fold at the centre of the square.
- Make a hole in the centre and insert a toothpick.
- Stick the other end of the toothpick to the tip of a straw.
You can also add patterns and colours on the pinwheel for a mesmerising effect!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Jr. Colour Scientist box—filled with creative and artistic activities for preschoolers!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.