Does your child dream about having a fish as a pet? While you are mulling on this, decorate your child’s bedroom with a beautiful wall decor – hanging of fish. Here’s a fun indoor activity for you and your little one. Your child’s imagination is kindled as he/she begins to create the wall hanging with paper plate craft. His/her fine motor and sensory skills are also engaged! Fish out some paper plates, poster colours, and paint brushes from the shelf and get started on this paper plate craft fish wall decor!
How this paper plate craft fish activity will help your child:
- Enhance your child’s artistic skills
- Look great as a living room wall decor
- Keep your child away from the TV and smartphone
Materials you’ll need:
- Paper plates – 2
- Poster colours
- Paint brush
- Punching machine
- Satin ribbon
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Paper Plate Craft Fish Decor:
1) Paint stripes on a paper plate for the body of fish with different colours. Leave it aside to dry.
2) On another paper plate, outline the fins and tail. Paint them.
3) Cut out the fins and tail. Glue them to the body of fish.
4) Paint the eye and the mouth.
5) Punch a hole on the top fin.
6) Tie a satin ribbon.
7) Hang it on the wall!
The fish wall hanging is ready!
Create as many beautiful and colourful wall décors using paper plates!
Did your child have a lot of fun doing the activity? Share your feedback with us.
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Ocean Explorer Box – filled with activities to gain knowledge about life underwater!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.