Today is World Origami Day! Origami is a form of art that can help your child create wonders with simple paper folding techniques. On this World Origami Day, why don’t you teach your child the art of Origami with some simple and fun activities? Let’s start off by creating the animal, which is regarded as a man’s best friend. Get set to create a pet friend with this Origami Day Special Paper Dog activity!
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creativity, Motor Skills and Cognition
- Coloured paper
Instructions for Origami Day Special Paper Dog Activity:
- Fold the coloured paper into four and unfold it.
- Fold all the 4 corners towards the centre. Let’s call them triangles.
- Open a corner and fold it in half along the edge, in a manner that it’s facing the centre.
- Open up one triangle and fold it in half horizontally towards the centre of the square.
- Open up the triangle opposite to this one and fold it in half horizontally away from the centre of the square.
- Fold the whole square in half.
- Open up the triangle adjacent to the folded triangles.
- Fold the triangle along the diagonal of the rectangle formed.
- Fold it along the crease to create a right angled triangle and open it up.
- Open up the triangle opposite to this triangle and repeat the process in such a way that it matches with the shape on the other side.
- Fold the two right-angled triangles formed in the previous steps.
- Open up the folded portion in the front portion of the paper craft.
- Add eyes with a marker.
The Origami Day Special Paper Dog is ready!
Did your child enjoy doing the activity? Share your feedback with us.
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.