Make the best out of discarded materials! This Mother’s Day, create an everlasting mother’s day paper cup bouquet of colourful and happy paper cup flowers that don’t ever turn old or dry for your mommy! Teach your kids the need to reuse and recycle materials with this fun Mother’s Day activity.
This activity will:
- Teach your kids to recycle
- Boost his/her creative thinking
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: High
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Self-expression, Caring, Creativity
Get access to 7 Mind-Blowing Mother’s Day Gift Ideas [Video]
Materials You’ll Need:
- Paper cups – 6
- Paint and paintbrush
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
- Sketch pens
Instructions for Mother’s Day Paper Cup Bouquet:
- Paint the bottom portion of paper cups yellow.
- Paint 1 cup green, 2 cups blue, and 2 cups pink.
- Stick them on a coloured sheet to form a flower bouquet with colourful petals.
- Take a coloured sheet and pleat it.
- Staple it at the bottom to form the stems and stick it onto the sheet.
- Add hearts across the sheet and dots on the flowers.
Shower your mother with flowers this Mother’s Day!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Jr. Colour Scientist box—filled with artistic activities filled with colours, patterns, and shades!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.