Here’s a special from our Mother’s Day series this week – today’s activity is the Handmade Mother’s Day Hugging card. It’s really simple, so sit along with your little one and create this easy Mother’s Day gift!
This activity will:
- Improve your child’s coordination
- Boost his/her creativity
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creative, Fine Motor, Caring
Get this video emailed to your inbox. Send It To Me > >
- Coloured A4 paper
- A pair of scissors
- Sketch pens
Instructions for Mother’s Day Hugging Card:
- Fold a coloured A4 sheet in two and draw your child’s hand outline.
- Cut it out.
- Cut a long strip of coloured paper and pleat it.
- Cut two small strips of paper and stick them on the back of the hand cutout as a holder.
- Stick the ends of the pleated paper to the two hand cutouts.
- Write a lovely message for his/her mom!
Surprise for your mommy this Mother’s Day!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Colour Carnival box—filled with artistic activities filled with colours, patterns, and shades!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.