Pop-up greeting cards never fail to surprise a person! Everybody loves them! In addition, they are easy to create and will definitely improve your child’s coordination and thinking skills. So what are you waiting for? Let’s create a mother’s day greeting card for mommy – with a pop-up surprise!
This activity will:
- Boost your child’s creativity
- Teach your child about handmade gifts
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Medium
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Self-expression, Caring, Creativity
Get access to 7 Mind-Blowing Mother’s Day Gift Ideas [Video]
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
- Sketch pens
Instructions for Mother’s Day Greeting Card:
- Take a coloured paper, fold it in two, and make two slits of the same length in the centre.
- Open the card and pull out that section a bit.
- Write a message on a rectangle piece and stick it on the pop-out.
- Decorate the card with small triangles and spiral designs.
- Take a slightly longer sheet of coloured paper and stick it under this sheet to form the outer card.
- Write a message and decorate the card.
- Give it to your mom this mother’s day!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Colour Scientist box—filled with artistic activities filled with colours, patterns, and shades!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.