You know those missiles you see in films all the time? How about using a bit of simple physics and creating a missile straw craft for your little astronaut? Involve your little one in this simple and fun activity. Get ready for some outdoor fun!
This missile straw craft activity will:
- Improve your child’s academic skills
- Introduce your child to aerospace concepts
- Keep him/her away from the TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: High
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Gross Motor, Play, Academic
Get access to 31 Paper Craft Activities [Video]
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Missile Straw Craft:
- Fold a thin strip of paper and cut it.
- Cut a smaller version of the same.
- Roll and stick the strips on either end of a straw.
- Go to an open space like terrace, ensure safety, throw the missile and watch it fly!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she will definitely love our Space Adventure box—filled with exciting space activities for your budding astronauts.
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.