Does your little one have a collection of toy automobiles that he/she likes to play with? How about creating one from scratch with matchbox art to teach him/her about the different parts of a vehicle? It isn’t difficult—all you need is a couple of matchboxes and some bottle caps! Get ready for an adventure with matchbox art jeep!
This matchbox art jeep activity will:
- Introduce your child to automobiles
- Improve his/her coordination
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: High
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Balance, Explore, Play
- Matchboxes – 2
- A pair of scissors
- Paint and paintbrush
- Bottle caps – 4
Instructions for Matchbox Art Jeep Adventure:
- Cut a small portion of a matchbox and stick it upside down on the other matchbox.
- Slide out the box from the lower matchbox.
- Paint the boxes red.
- Paint 4 bottle caps black and glue them to the boxes to form wheels.
- Place two matchsticks diagonally inside the lower box.
- Paint the windows and windshield white.
- Add black stripes in the front of the jeep with white headlights.
Vroom! The Jeep is ready!
If your child enjoyed this matchbox art activity, then he/she is sure to love our Little Transporter box—which is packed with fun activities on automobiles and different modes of transport.
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.