Staying in dormitories or sharing a room with siblings has always been exciting because of the bunker beds! How about recycling used matchboxes to create a miniature bunker bed set? This easy and extremely exciting matchbox art activity is sure to trigger your child’s imagination! Get set for matchbox art bunker bed!
This matchbox art bunker bed activity will:
- Enhance your child’s imagination
- Teach him/her to recycle
- Keep your child away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Low
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Play, Thinking
- Paper cutter (parental guidance required)
- Paint and paintbrush
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Matchbox Art Bunker Bed:
- Open two matchboxes and paint the box in the colour of your choice.
- Add patterns—we used a bolt to create patterns.
- Attach 4 toothpicks at the edges of one box and place it on the other.
- Draw and cut a ladder.
- Stick it to complete the bunker bed unit.
zzz! Time for a nap!
If your child enjoyed this matchbox art activity, then he/she is sure to love our Jr. Colour Scientist box— filled with colours, patterns, and shades for preschoolers!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.