- Teach your child to recycle
- Boost his/her creativity
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: High
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Play, Creativity, Fine Motor
- Ice cream sticks
- Paper cutter
Instructions for Ice Cream Stick Swing Set:
- Paint a box green – to resemble a playground.
- Cross the ends of two ice cream sticks and stick them together to form the side stands.
- Make two sets of the same.
- Make four small slits on the box and place the ice cream stands on either side.
- Cut a small portion of an ice cream stick and cover it with yarn.
- Hang both ends of the yarn from another ice cream stick.
- Place this stick on top in such a way that it connects the side stands.
- Swing is ready!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.