A picture speaks a thousand words. Putting your child’s photos in a frame are one thing, creating one from scratch is another. How about an ice cream stick craft photo frame with your little one to store some memorable moments? Doing this creative activity, your child’s coordination and fine motor skills are engaged, apart from getting to know about different textures.
Here’s a simple and interesting activity for your kindergarten child to make a photo frame out of ice cream sticks!
This activity will:
- Boost your child’s creativity and confidence
- Look great as a living room wall décor
- Keep your child away from the TV and smartphone
Materials you’ll need:
- Ice cream sticks – 12
- Poster colours
- Photo – 1
- Paint brush
- Cellophane tape
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Ice Cream Stick Craft Photo Frame:
- Arrange 7-8 ice cream sticks. Tape them together to form the base of photo frame.
- Paint the base in the colour of your child’s choice.
- Paint 4 ice cream stick in another colour. They form the borders.
- Glue the border ice cream sticks on the sides. Leave it aside to dry.
- Paste the photo in centre.
- Stick the double side tape at the back.
- Peel off the sticker to attach it on the refrigerator or wall.
A quick and amazing photo frame is ready!
Go on and create as many photo frames as possible.
How many photo frames did your child and you create? Give your feedback in the ‘Comments’ section below.
If you child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Jr. Colour Scientist box – packed with interesting activities on colours, shades, mixing, patterns, and more!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.