Your little artist creates a complete canvas board to prop his/her masterpieces! Since it’s summer, we’re sure you have a lot of leftover ice cream sticks. Use ice cream stick craft fingerprint art and create a stand in no time! Your child can then personalise it with fingerprint art!
This activity will:
- Improve your child’s motor skills
- Get your child to create a room décor
- Keep him/her away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Play, Creativity, Fine Motor
Materials You’ll Need:
- Ice cream sticks
- A pair of scissors
- Coloured paper
Instructions for Ice Cream Stick Craft Fingerprint Family:
- Hold the ends of two ice cream sticks together and stick it to an eraser.
- Attach an ice cream stick in the centre of the sticks horizontally.
- At the other end of the eraser, stick another ice cream stick.
- Cut a coloured paper in a zigzag manner to make the frame.
- Stick another colour sheet inside the frame.
- Make fingerprint impressions of your entire family on the board.
Perfect for your showcase!
If your preschooler enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Jr. Colour Scientist box—filled with artistic activities filled with colours, patterns and shades!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.