J K Rowling inspired an entire generation to read with her brilliant sense of storytelling. For a lot of people, the books are an escape to a magical world that may or may not exist! With immense popularity all around the world, this children’s book series has won hearts of both, adults and kids alike. This Harry Potter miniature books activity will probably encourage your child to grab one of the books to read.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Read, Curiosity, Imagination
- Cardboard box
- Printable of book covers and Hogwarts emblem – which you can download from the link provided below. Cut out each image.
- Small matchboxes – 7
- A pair of scissors
Download the Harry Potter printable here.
Instructions for Harry Potter Miniature Books Activity:
- Take a small cardboard box and cover it with the Hogwarts emblem.
- Take a matchbox and remove the inside box. Cut out one of the side portions.
- Stick the cover of Philosopher’s Stone on the matchbox. Stick the inner box to the inside of the outer cover. Ensure that it resembles a book.
- Repeat the same for the other 6 books.
- Place the books inside the cardboard box!
A trunk full of miniature goodies!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.