Now that you’ve received your Hogwarts acceptance letter, you need to get your basic supplies like robes, hat, and wand! It’s an enchanting experience to walk down the crooked street of Diagon Alley and purchase magical items with galleons and knuts. But if Diagon Alley is too far to visit, you can make your own Harry Potter craft wand and hat!
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Curiosity, Explore
- Black Clay
- Gold paint and paintbrush
- Black chart paper
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Harry Potter Craft Wand And Hat:
- Wrap a straw with black clay. Sculpt it to form a wand.
- Add another layer of clay in the base of the wand.
- Using a toothpick, carve out two rings. Fill it with gold paint.
- Take a black chart paper and cut it to form a square.
- Roll the chart to form a cone.
- Tape the ends to form the hat!
Wear your hat, arm yourself with the wand, and practise your spells!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.