Father’s Day is just around the corner and we’ve got some superb stuff in store for you. Let’s begin with a simple Father’s Day special handmade card that can be turned into a standee! This way your dad can prop it up on his office table for the world to see. Add a personal message as well! In this activity, your child will imbibe the art of recycling old cardboard boxes.
Parental Involvement: Low
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Caring, Self-Expression
Get access to 7 Handmade Father’s Day Gift Ideas [Video]
- Cardboard piece
- Sketch pens
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Father’s Day Special Handmade Card:
- Stick different coloured buttons (as balloons) on a rectangular strip of cardboard.
- Draw father and child stick figures at the bottom.
- Stick yarn connecting the child’s hand and the buttons.
- On a coloured piece of paper, write a personal message.
- Stick it on top!
- If you want to turn it into a standee, you can fold the bottom and hold it up with a toothpick!
Surprise your dad this Father’s Day! He’s going to love it!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.