If you spent your childhood summer vacations surrounded by coconut trees, then we’re sure you must have tried this before. When children experiment with materials, they learn through play! And not to forget, leaf art and craft can be totally engaging! The coconut leaf whistle is one of them!
This activity will:
- Teach your child to experiment with day-to-day materials
- Boost his/her musical skills
- Keep your child away from TV/Smartphone
Parental involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Play, Thinking
- Fallen coconut leaf -1
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Coconut Leaf Whistle Activity:
- Tear a strand of coconut leaf in half.
- Cut the thinning end.
- Cut 2 small pieces of same size.
- Bend the pieces and place them together to form a cylinder.
- Take another strand of leaf and carefully roll it around the two pieces.
- Once complete, hold it together by inserting a toothpick.
- Blow through the thinner end and dance to the tunes!
If your child enjoyed this activity, then he/she is sure to love our Little Musician box—filled with exciting activities on instruments and sounds!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.