It’s that time of the year when your child’s room is loaded with new books, bags, pencil boxes and stationery! How about we create a unique storage box to arrange your child’s stationery items? In addition, we’re re-using a juice can to create this bright and happy school bus pen stand! Your child will definitely love this cardboard box school bus pen stand. So let’s begin.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 25 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Discovery, Organisation
Get access to 7 exciting back to school activity videos.
- Clean cardboard juice can
- Sketch pens
- A pair of scissors
- Paper cutter
- Bottle caps – 4
- Black paint and paintbrush
- Coloured paper
Instructions for Cardboard Box School Bus Pen Stand:
- With a paper cutter, cut open the top portion of the juice can.
- Use those cardboard pieces as segregators in the pen stand.
- Cover the box with yellow paper.
- Paint four bottle caps black.
- Make a 0.5 cm opening on either sides of the can.
- Draw and colour doors and windows on either side using black sketch pen.
- Draw a blue window in the front and write your child’s name on it.
- At the back, add the number plate and brake lights.
- Stick the bottle caps—two in front and two at the back as wheels.
If your child enjoyed this back-to-school activity, we’re sure he/she will love our Colour Scientist box for 4-8 year olds. It’s got creative and colourful puzzles and activities!
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.