We have decided to bring to you 3 interesting Origami activities that you can do with your child.
Materials Required For The Origami Animal Paper Crafts
- Coloured paper
Here’s how your child can make themselves a cute, hopping bunny.
Instructions for Origami Rabbit Activity:
- Fold a coloured paper in half and open it up.
- Fold both halves of the paper vertically by bringing the corners together.
- Fold it again in half horizontally and open it up completely.
- Bring the corners of the paper to the centre and fold the creases.
- Repeat step two and fold along the diagonal creases on one side to create a triangle.
- Fold the triangle in half on both sides to create a tapering shape.
- Fold the end of the triangle towards the opposite side.
- Then fold the entire paper in half horizontally.
- Pull out the two ends of the tapering shape and fold along the crease to create an L shape.
- Fold the rectangular portion of the paper diagonally and open up the rectangular portion.
- Fold the rectangular portion once again in half and fold along the diagonal creases from the previous step.
- Carefully bring the two corners of the rectangular portion together to form a square.
- Spread out the gaps on both ends of the tapering edge portion.
- Draw an eye with a marker.
Instructions for Origami Fish Activity:
- Fold the paper in half, horizontally, vertically and across both diagonals and open them up.
- Fold the paper in such a way that two corners of the paper come together along the creases to create a diamond shape (as shown in the video).
- Open up one end of the paper and fold the resulting shape in half from both ends to create a tapering shape.
- Fold the other portion of the resulting shape upwards from both sides.
- Then fold the bottom end of the shape in half, by bringing its corners to the centre.
- Fold the bottom corner towards the top corner and open it up.
- Fold the bottom portion diagonally at different angles from both sides.
- Fold it along the crease to create a pointed shape.
- Repeat the same process on the other side to create another pointed shape.
- Draw the eye with a marker.
Instructions for Origami Dog Activity:
- Fold the coloured paper into four and unfold it.
- Fold all the 4 corners towards the centre. Let’s call them triangles.
- Open a corner and fold it in half along the edge, in a manner that it’s facing the centre.
- Open up one triangle and fold it in half horizontally towards the centre of the square.
- Open up the triangle opposite to this one and fold it in half horizontally away from the centre of the square.
- Fold the whole square in half.
- Open up the triangle adjacent to the folded triangles.
- Fold the triangle along the diagonal of the rectangle formed.
- Fold it along the crease to create a right-angled triangle and open it up.
- Open up the triangle opposite to this triangle and repeat the process in such a way that it matches the shape on the other side.
- Fold the two right-angled triangles formed in the previous steps.
- Open up the folded portion in the front portion of the paper craft.
- Add eyes with a marker.