It is essential to teach children about patriotism and make them feel proud of themselves to be a part of India. So, it’s time to make them feel proud about Mother India by helping them create a 3D version of our iconic tricolour flag. Let’s get our national flag up in the sky!
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creativity, Motor Skills and Patriotism
- Coloured chart paper – Orange, White, Green
- Ice Cream Stick
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Paper Craft 3D Indian Flag:
- Take the green coloured paper and fold it into equal divisions with an ice cream stick.
- Cut the folded strips of coloured paper with
a pair of scissors.
- Create paper strips of similar size in white and orange.
- Fold the edges of the orange-coloured paper strips.
- Stick the green-coloured strip on the orange-coloured strip at the midpoint and create two more strips in the same way.
- Cut off the extra portion of the green coloured strip in all the three strips.
- Stick both ends of the strip into a circle
- Take the white paper strip and draw the Ashoka Chakra at the centre
- Stick the ends of the white strip into a circle.
- Stick one of orange-green paper strips vertically and the the other two diagonally.
- Make sure that the orange portion is above and the green portion is below the white strip.
- Draw the Ashoka Chakra on the other side of white strip too.
- Tie a string along the orange portion of the vertical strip
The Paper Craft 3D Indian Flag is ready!
Did your child enjoy doing the activity? Share your feedback with us.
90% of a child’s permanent foundation for brain development occurs in the early years according to Rauch Foundation. An overuse of gadgets can only stunt this growth and cause a negative impact on the child’s overall development.
If your child is spending more time swiping and scrolling, instead of interaction with the real world, you need to act before it’s too late.
Find out if your child is being meaningfully and positively engaged by taking this simple quiz.